Student Loan Debt Virtual Clinics for Members
Student Loan Debt Virtual Clinics for Union Members
These programs are available not only to teachers but also to ANY educational employee. These clinics are FREE to our card-signed union members as a benefit of being part of the IFT. You are encouraged to bring your union peers with you. All of these clinics are held over Zoom.
Please choose the Student Debt Clinic that best meets your needs:
- Full Clinic – This 90-minute program will introduce Income Driven Repayment (IDR) Plans, Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), legislative updates, and next steps for you. If you are a recent college graduate, or if you took Parent Plus Loans to help your child graduate recently, this Full Clinic is the program for you.
- PSLF Clinic – This 45-minute program will dive deeper into Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) and answer questions you have about the forms. This program is geared towards people who have already entered into an Income Drive Repayment plan and need help with the PSLF process.
- Q & A Clinic – This open session is to ask specific questions about your situation. Understand that this not a one-on-one session. There is no formal presentation to this session; it is targeting those who are already in IDR and/or PSLF plans but need answers.
- Tuesday, October 10th at 5pm
- Tuesday, October 24th at 5pm
- Monday, November 13th at 5pm
- Tuesday, December 12th at 5pm
- Thursday, October 12th at 5pm
- Wednesday, November 1st at 5pm
- Tuesday, November 19th at 5pm
Q & A Clinic
- Thursday, October 12th at 6pm
- Wednesday, November 28th at 6pm
- Tuesday, December 19th at 6pm
Sign up for one of these clinics by emailing Stella Kapusta (email@example.com) or calling the AFT Local 604 office at (815) 725-0402.
Please have available:
- Your laptop computer
- Your latest loan servicer(s) statement and/or online account information
- Type of loan(s) held
- Type of repayment plan(s) enrolled